The PCI DSS provides a framework for developing an account data security process that includes the prevention, detection and reaction to security incidents.
There are 6 control objectives
A. Build and Maintain a Secure Network
B. Implement Strong Access Control Measures
C. Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
D. Protect Cardholder Data
E. Regulary Monitor and Test Networks
F. Maintain an Information Security Policy
The 12 requirements for technology implementations
1. Install and maintain a secure firewall and firewall policy configuration to protect data
2. Change vendor supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
3. Protect stored cardholder data
4. Encrypt tranmission of cardholder data on open public networks
5. Use and regularly update antivirus software
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
11. Regularly test security systems and processes
12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security.
Copyright 2010 ECI Networks